One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The centre of gravity of a floating object.
- ‘This axis is located perpendicular to the longitudinal centerplane at the final center of flotation.’
- ‘For very small changes in inclination successive waterplanes intersect in a line through their centres of flotation.’
- ‘Nautilus is cigar shaped and goes up and down by using ballast tanks and inclined planes at the centre of flotation.’
- ‘When a moment is applied anywhere on the vessel, it will roll around the centre of flotation.’
- ‘If a ship is trimmed without change of displacement, it must rotate about the centre of flotation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.