One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The centre of gravity of a floating object.
- ‘Nautilus is cigar shaped and goes up and down by using ballast tanks and inclined planes at the centre of flotation.’
- ‘When a moment is applied anywhere on the vessel, it will roll around the centre of flotation.’
- ‘If a ship is trimmed without change of displacement, it must rotate about the centre of flotation.’
- ‘This axis is located perpendicular to the longitudinal centerplane at the final center of flotation.’
- ‘For very small changes in inclination successive waterplanes intersect in a line through their centres of flotation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.