One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounIce Hockey
The central area of a rink, in particular the spot precisely in the centre where face-offs take place at the start of each period.‘Ference intercepted the puck at centre ice’
- ‘At Boston University, he briefly starred at center ice for their varsity hockey squad.’
- ‘The color guard's flags were unfurled at center ice, and the police band was ready.’
- ‘Now 85 and disabled, he came to center ice in a wheelchair and with a caregiver at his side.’
- ‘During the pregame skate, the Hall of Famer stopped Lundberg near center ice.’
- ‘He picks himself up and skates back toward center ice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.