One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounIce Hockey
The central area of a rink, in particular the spot precisely in the centre where face-offs take place at the start of each period.‘Ference intercepted the puck at centre ice’
- ‘At Boston University, he briefly starred at center ice for their varsity hockey squad.’
- ‘Now 85 and disabled, he came to center ice in a wheelchair and with a caregiver at his side.’
- ‘During the pregame skate, the Hall of Famer stopped Lundberg near center ice.’
- ‘He picks himself up and skates back toward center ice.’
- ‘The color guard's flags were unfurled at center ice, and the police band was ready.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.