One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for centre back
- ‘People have always said to me that I will end up as a centre half, but I'm 27 now and still playing at right back.’
- ‘Every centre half is looking for consistency and being reliable.’
- ‘I am only 27 and, as a centre half, I hope I am coming into my best years.’
- ‘The thought was to bring me over from Trinidad as a centre half but obviously that hasn't happened, and I am very happy to continue as a striker.’
- ‘I think John Terry is the best centre half around at present.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.