Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for centre back
- ‘People have always said to me that I will end up as a centre half, but I'm 27 now and still playing at right back.’
- ‘I think John Terry is the best centre half around at present.’
- ‘I am only 27 and, as a centre half, I hope I am coming into my best years.’
- ‘The thought was to bring me over from Trinidad as a centre half but obviously that hasn't happened, and I am very happy to continue as a striker.’
- ‘Every centre half is looking for consistency and being reliable.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.