One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An attacker who plays in the middle of the field.
- ‘He did not have a traditional center forward, his wingers were tall, quick and skillful, his central midfielders aggressive ball-winners.’
- ‘In front of him the team consists of two banks of three players - three guards in defence and two wingers and a centre forward in attack.’
- ‘I think centre halves are more aggressive than say, a centre forward, and if the ball is there to be headed then you will go and head it, no matter who is in the way.’
- ‘Too often in this tournament, the Portuguese center forward has tended to drift wide or into midfield, depriving the team of an offensive terminus.’
- ‘Many people regard him a trend setter for he was the first centre forward to fall back to help the defence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.