One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An attacker who plays in the middle of the field.
- ‘I think centre halves are more aggressive than say, a centre forward, and if the ball is there to be headed then you will go and head it, no matter who is in the way.’
- ‘In front of him the team consists of two banks of three players - three guards in defence and two wingers and a centre forward in attack.’
- ‘Many people regard him a trend setter for he was the first centre forward to fall back to help the defence.’
- ‘Too often in this tournament, the Portuguese center forward has tended to drift wide or into midfield, depriving the team of an offensive terminus.’
- ‘He did not have a traditional center forward, his wingers were tall, quick and skillful, his central midfielders aggressive ball-winners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.