One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The central part of the outfield.‘the ball bounded into centrefield’
- ‘Posada's throw nearly went over Jeter's head into centerfield, but the shortstop hauled it down and put the tag on Ortiz and second-base ump Randy Marsh bought it.’
- ‘Gary Sheffield drove in Derek Jeter with a short sacrifice fly to centerfield, the Yankee shortstop brazenly testing Lew Ford's arm.’
- ‘Melvin Mora followed by scorching a Johnson pitch to deep centerfield for an RBI double, and things look they might come apart at the seams with Miguel Tejada looming next.’
- ‘Probably the most oft repeated phrase on Yankees' broadcasts is ‘ground ball up the middle, through to centerfield for a base hit.’’
- ‘Just as my brother and I were settling into our seats, Jays' centerfielder Wells gave the crowd a rare reason to cheer a visiting player when he robbed Alex Rodriguez of a home run to deep centerfield.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.