One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drill bit with a central point and side cutters.
- ‘A brace with a set of auger bits and a few centre bits and a counter sink are needed for drilling.’
- ‘The bit appears to be a common center bit with a long, necked-down shaft to allow the chips to fall away to the outside of the barrel before the threaded shaft of the spigot reached the barrel.’
- ‘Flatten the projection with a pass or two of the gouge, then bore a 25 mm diameter hole using a sawtooth centre bit held in the tailstock of the lathe.’
- ‘This illustrates the wide variety of sources for cast steel center bits and other edge tools in the mid-19th century.’
- ‘The center bit must be forced into the wood by the user, whereas the auger tends to draw itself into the wood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.