Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The part of a computer in which operations are controlled and executed.
- ‘Due to strong market demand, ever growing hard drive capacity and not to mention temperatures, Orbitron then expanded their range of coolers to systems, central processing units, monitors and notebooks.’
- ‘Essential electronic components such as chips that control the central processing unit and memory in computers are attached to the PCB using a lead-tin solder.’
- ‘‘The temperature must have interfered with some of the central processors, the operating system isn't responding,’ Amy explained.’
- ‘While semiconductor materials such as silicon are utilized for memory and central processing units, the permanent information in computers is stored in magnetized hard drives which utilize the spin of the electron.’
- ‘The purchaser of such a platform only has to equip it with a central processor, memory, hard drive and additional input/output devices depending on his/her own needs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.