One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of a computer in which operations are controlled and executed.
- ‘Due to strong market demand, ever growing hard drive capacity and not to mention temperatures, Orbitron then expanded their range of coolers to systems, central processing units, monitors and notebooks.’
- ‘While semiconductor materials such as silicon are utilized for memory and central processing units, the permanent information in computers is stored in magnetized hard drives which utilize the spin of the electron.’
- ‘Essential electronic components such as chips that control the central processing unit and memory in computers are attached to the PCB using a lead-tin solder.’
- ‘‘The temperature must have interfered with some of the central processors, the operating system isn't responding,’ Amy explained.’
- ‘The purchaser of such a platform only has to equip it with a central processor, memory, hard drive and additional input/output devices depending on his/her own needs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.