One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The complex of nerve tissues that controls the activities of the body. In vertebrates it comprises the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘Lymphatics are found in every part of the body except the central nervous system.’
- ‘MS is a disease of the central nervous system that affects the brain and spinal cord.’
- ‘Fish are vertebrates, with a brain, a central nervous system and pain receptors all over their bodies, including the lips.’
- ‘The sphingomyelin content is also high in the central nervous system and in the spinal cord.’
- ‘Studies in the mid-1970s showed workers exposed to vinyl chloride suffered an excessive number of cancer deaths from cancer of the liver, lung, lymphatic and central nervous systems, including brain tumors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.