One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The main business and commercial area of a town or city.‘the skyscrapers of Singapore's central business district’
- ‘It is fitting that the view outside his office in Auckland's Central Business District is Rangitoto Island, its volcanic cone dominating the city skyline.’
- ‘They loved the north-facing position and that it was close to the central business district, Eastern Suburbs beaches and shopping centres.’
- ‘He predicted "immense" crowds of up to 100,000 in Sydney's central business district for the 2015 Anzac Day centenary.’
- ‘The modern health centre located on Seth Benjamin Street, within the central business district, was launched on Friday to offer high quality health care services.’
- ‘Located in the heart of Beijing close to the Central Business District, The Hotel welcomes guests with its incredible crystal exterior.’
- ‘The social media company's new digs sit right at the heart of the island's central business district.’
- ‘On Saturday, pollution hung over Beijing's central business district, blocking out much of the blue sky.’
- ‘The base is located five miles north of the central business district of Wichita Falls, in Wichita County, Texas.’
- ‘In the 1980s and 1990s, the central business district essentially closed after business hours.’
- ‘Car parks in the central business district are in higher demand for office workers than a view of Sydney Harbour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.