One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The main business and commercial area of a town or city.‘the skyscrapers of Singapore's central business district’
- ‘On Saturday, pollution hung over Beijing's central business district, blocking out much of the blue sky.’
- ‘In the 1980s and 1990s, the central business district essentially closed after business hours.’
- ‘The modern health centre located on Seth Benjamin Street, within the central business district, was launched on Friday to offer high quality health care services.’
- ‘Car parks in the central business district are in higher demand for office workers than a view of Sydney Harbour.’
- ‘The base is located five miles north of the central business district of Wichita Falls, in Wichita County, Texas.’
- ‘He predicted "immense" crowds of up to 100,000 in Sydney's central business district for the 2015 Anzac Day centenary.’
- ‘Located in the heart of Beijing close to the Central Business District, The Hotel welcomes guests with its incredible crystal exterior.’
- ‘The social media company's new digs sit right at the heart of the island's central business district.’
- ‘They loved the north-facing position and that it was close to the central business district, Eastern Suburbs beaches and shopping centres.’
- ‘It is fitting that the view outside his office in Auckland's Central Business District is Rangitoto Island, its volcanic cone dominating the city skyline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.