One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A national bank that provides financial and banking services for its country's government and commercial banking system, as well as implementing the government's monetary policy and issuing currency.
- ‘These are the doubts preoccupying central banks and finance ministries round the world.’
- ‘There are several examples of when central banks like the Federal Reserve have done this.’
- ‘For example, there is a particularly heavy emphasis on the role of central banks and monetary policy.’
- ‘Seldom before has a move by a central bank to tighten monetary policy been greeted with such a surge of enthusiasm.’
- ‘As long as this pool is growing the central bank can get away with loose monetary policies for a long period of time.’
- ‘That was followed by serious mistakes by the Federal Reserve and other central banks.’
- ‘The central bank's tight monetary policy has presented severe problems for the business community.’
- ‘How does the Federal Reserve System stack up in comparison with other central banks?’
- ‘Foreign central banks knew full well that their currencies are in the same boat as the dollar.’
- ‘The central bank has recently invited more commercial banks into the Namibian market.’
- ‘Understood, there has been a run on the banking system, and the central bank has lost a lot of reserves.’
- ‘On Monday the Japanese central bank adopted a policy of zero interest rates to help revive the economy.’
- ‘Modern central banks pronounce economic and monetary stability as their target.’
- ‘That hunger for U.S. debt by foreign central banks has certainly been tempered.’
- ‘However, eurozone central banks will continue to exchange notes of the old national currencies indefinitely.’
- ‘It is also a widespread myth that central banks are inaugurated in order to check inflation by commercial banks.’
- ‘First, a conflict with the internal monetary policies of central banks may arise.’
- ‘There is no doubt that in making monetary policy, central banks need an extensive network of information gathering.’
- ‘What they mean by that is that the central bank must avoid policies that aim at zero inflation.’
- ‘We can define a bubble as activities that spring up on the back of loose monetary policy of the central bank.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.