One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Central America, its people, or its languages.‘a panel of Central American manufacturers’
- ‘Along with Caribbean and Central American dishes, your dining experience can include Italian, Mexican, German, Thai, or Japanese.’
- ‘Today, the marimba is used in Central American folk-music.’
- ‘Runner beans are of South or Central American origin.’
- ‘Central American leaders are winding down the summit.’
- ‘The next chapter looks at the film as the "reinvention of a central American myth".’
- ‘Central American natives like the Aztec, Inca and Maya developed games using teams, balls, and targets.’
A native or inhabitant of any of the countries of Central America.‘the Central Americans qualified for their first Olympic soccer tournament’
- ‘Mexicans and Central Americans tend to snack less than U.S. citizens and Canadians, preferring to eat only at mealtimes.’
- ‘He saw his people as Central Americans, and as a Central American, he felt the necessity to help.’
- ‘The Central Americans have lined up warm-up friendlies against fellow finalists before their tournament opener.’
- ‘With four points and Spain officially eliminated, the Central Americans are in the driver's seat to obtain a result that will seal their passage to the next round.’
- ‘The area is now characterized by businesses that cater to Central Americans, including bakeries, restaurants, grocery stores, and social service organizations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.