One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Advertisers, don't be ignorant,’ he warns censoriously.’
- ‘Now, extra marital affairs are regarded much more censoriously than homosexuality.’
- ‘Scattered disapproving murmurs buzzed around the classroom, the pupils shaking their head censoriously.’
- ‘Many reject nonfiction prose (biographies, autobiographies, documentaries, etc.) censoriously on the grounds that the works are legendary, mythical and/or apocryphal.’
- ‘Twenty years later, when his brief essay was collected, he asked the editor to note that he now viewed Kipling ‘less censoriously and with more affectionate admiration.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.