One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for nitrocellulose
- ‘Lacquering plants, processors of cellulose nitrate, oil companies, and public utilities are examples of companies where these tools were used.’
- ‘A ‘cel’ is a sheet of cellulose nitrate or acetate on which an animator paints a cartoon figure or scene.’
- ‘Cellulose reacts with nitric and sulfuric acids to produce cellulose nitrate.’
- ‘The first cellulose resin, cellulose nitrate or celluloid, was invented by John Wesley Hyatt, who was trying to find a substitute for ivory in billiard balls in order to win a contest.’
- ‘As cellulose nitrate rots, it shrinks and becomes brittle, leaking toxic fumes corrosive enough to turn a reel of film into smelly gelatin ooze.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.