One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of subcutaneous connective tissue.
- ‘Some patients present with congestive heart failure, stroke or a severe localized infection such as pneumonia, cellulitis or septic arthritis.’
- ‘Any infection in this area, as from a pimple or boil in the nostril or on the upper lip or nose, may cause a local tissue inflammation known as cellulitis.’
- ‘Common skin infections include cellulitis, erysipelas, impetigo, folliculitis, and furuncles and carbuncles.’
- ‘Infections such as mastitis and cellulitis tend to be erythematous, tender, and warm to the touch; they may be more circumscribed if an abscess has formed.’
- ‘For instance, periorbital edema with proptosis could be the result of cellulitis or acute bacterial sinusitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.