One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The semipermeable membrane surrounding the cytoplasm of a cell.
- ‘Each muscle fibre is surrounded by a cell membrane, which allows the contents of the fibres to be quite different from that of the body fluids outside them.’
- ‘Membrane compartmentalization may be a general feature of the cell membrane for all the mammalian cells’
- ‘In conclusion it will be noted that the rate of loss of cholesterol from the cell membrane depends on the chemical activity of cholesterol.’
- ‘Necrosis is a spontaneous and unregulated process that results in disintegration of the cell membrane and its organelles.’
- ‘In this stage, the viral membrane and the host cell membrane are linked and reversible conducting pores are formed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.