Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cell culture developed from a single cell and therefore consisting of cells with a uniform genetic make-up.
- ‘Several of the changes occurred for both transformed and normal cell lines and were greater for the normal cell line.’
- ‘Triamcinolone appeared to be the best inducer for the transgenic cell line investigated here.’
- ‘One cell line responded to genotoxins and the other cell line responded to cytotoxins.’
- ‘This cell line detects a wide variety of mutagenic lesions, including point mutations, deletions and various types of chromosomal aberrations.’
- ‘When a damaged cell is unable to repair itself, an aberrant cell line, or malignancy, may result.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.