Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The division of a cell into two daughter cells with the same genetic material.
- ‘A very common early pattern of cell division in higher plants is seen with the first division of the zygote.’
- ‘My research has identified how the process of copying the genetic material is linked to cell division.’
- ‘The precise duplication of the genetic material is critical for successful cell division.’
- ‘It is a specialized type of cell division whose genetic control has many components in common with mitosis.’
- ‘Alternatively, each cell division could give rise to two daughter cells, each of which divides.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.