One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The division of a cell into two daughter cells with the same genetic material.
- ‘Alternatively, each cell division could give rise to two daughter cells, each of which divides.’
- ‘It is a specialized type of cell division whose genetic control has many components in common with mitosis.’
- ‘My research has identified how the process of copying the genetic material is linked to cell division.’
- ‘The precise duplication of the genetic material is critical for successful cell division.’
- ‘A very common early pattern of cell division in higher plants is seen with the first division of the zygote.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.