One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The angular distance of a point north or south of the ecliptic.Compare with declination (sense 1)
- ‘Astronomers likewise use celestial latitudes for the angle north or south of the ecliptic plane.’
- ‘It deviates by about 5 degrees of celestial latitude north and south each month.’
- ‘During a solar eclipse the Sun, Moon and Earth are more or less in line on the same celestial latitude.’
- ‘At latitude twenty-three degrees north, the celestial latitude of Cancer, it is overhead on June 21st.’
- ‘The instrument can be easily reversed to remove systematic errors in observations for determining the celestial latitudes of stars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.