One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mixture of salt and ground celery seed used for seasoning.
- ‘A hint of celery flavour may be imparted to meat dishes by using ready-made celery salt.’
- ‘The parsnip is a member of the Umbelliferae family, along with carrots, fennel, parsley, celery, celeriac and chervil, so there would also be a certain serendipity in adding fennel seeds or celery salt to a parsnip purée, for instance.’
- ‘It is a mix of celery salt, mustard, red pepper, black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, allspice, ginger, mace, cardamom, cinnamon and paprika, very well balanced and somewhat spicy when you taste it as is.’
- ‘Once at a boil, pour in cheese, celery salt and cayenne pepper.’
- ‘Being the innovative people we are, our drink is usually rimmed with celery salt to add a little bit extra to it, and is made with Clamato instead of tomato juice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.