One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A circular mounting on a ceiling, through which the wiring of an electric light passes.
- ‘The living room is accessed through double doors and includes a stone fireplace with gas fire inset together with a ceiling rose and coving.’
- ‘Beside this, the family room is a bright space with a ceiling rose and a large fireplace with marble hearth.’
- ‘The replacement of a damaged leaf in a ceiling rose or of part of a frieze is not a major undertaking, and there are skilled plasterers and restorers available.’
- ‘Inside, the narrow entrance hallway has several attractive period features including an ornate archway, dado rail and a detailed ceiling rose.’
- ‘Timber flooring, a ceiling rose and a dado rail are all features of the entrance hall, to the left of which is the first of the property's two bedrooms.’
- ‘Other period features include a cast iron fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, picture rails, deep skirting boards and an ornate ceiling rose.’
- ‘One solitary plaster ceiling rose remains in the lobby: ‘They tried to get that one and it wouldn't come down,’ says Lowery.’
- ‘The overhead light hangs from an intricate ceiling rose.’
- ‘Both feature original cast iron fireplaces and cornicing and there is also an attractive ceiling rose in the living room.’
- ‘The bright entrance hallway has a centre ceiling rose and cornice work, an ornate arch and polished timber floors that run throughout the entire hall level.’
- ‘There is a ceiling rose and considerable light enters through a large glass doorway which leads out to the rear garden.’
- ‘We also took the opportunity to put back a ceiling rose in the original style and will be re-fitting a picture rail to highlight the proportions of the room.’
- ‘The entrance hall has original floor tiles laid out in a herringbone design, moulded cornices and an original ceiling rose.’
- ‘The entrance hall has elaborate cornicing, a ceiling rose, a dado rail and understairs storage.’
- ‘The lounge has a feature fireplace, period style ceiling rose, and a bay window, as has the dining room to the rear.’
- ‘Then we added cornices, corbels, ceiling roses and two custom built crystal chandeliers.’
- ‘Where can I source ceiling roses and cornicing?’
- ‘With an original oak floor, this area also features a carved oak ceiling rose, pediments, cornices and architraves.’
- ‘The spacious reception hall has the original ceiling rose and chandelier.’
- ‘The first floor is home to three bedrooms, two of which are decent-sized doubles with original features such as decorative coving, picture rails and ceiling roses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.