One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A teletext service provided by the BBC.‘our service brings you constantly updated financial information on Ceefax’
- ‘As always in these situations, listen out for radio bulletins or check Ceefax and Teletext for updates.’
- ‘The BBC's pioneering interactive teletext service Ceefax began thirty years ago today.’
- ‘BBC Online also offered a comprehensive results service, as did Ceefax and Digital Text - via mobile phones.’
- ‘As well as comprehensive coverage of the best of the action on television, including a full results service on Ceefax from page 380, you can also keep up-to-date on the radio.’
- ‘To see what other lenders have on offer, browse through the Best Buys in the weekend newspapers, Teletext, Ceefax, and online - most are produced by independent researcher Moneyfacts.’
1970s: representing the pronunciation of the initial syllables of seeing and facsimile.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.