One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Continuously and without end.‘a former policeman who has campaigned ceaselessly on his daughter's behalf’
- ‘He is ceaselessly inquisitive, inviting comments on his website.’
- ‘At the same time as he was producing his famous fashion images, he worked ceaselessly to capture the world around him.’
- ‘The party is now fielding a 62-year-old candidate who talks ceaselessly about a forgotten, reviled war.’
- ‘Right-lucky accidents were Morse's forte, the result of a ceaselessly inquiring mind.’
- ‘He talks ceaselessly in public about innovation, but privately his administration questions the costs of any worthwhile environmental rule.’
- ‘Rather than starting from a preconceived image, he will be ceaselessly occupied with doing justice to the idea.’
- ‘If they know who you are, they'll harass you ceaselessly.’
- ‘They stay in jobs they hate, then complain ceaselessly that they hate their jobs.’
- ‘My head was pounding ceaselessly, as Ben pulled up at my house a few moments later.’
- ‘Walking up to the very edge, she stared down at the turbulent waves, pounding ceaselessly at the shore.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.