One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A symbol applied to products to indicate that they conform with relevant EU directives regarding health and safety or environmental protection.
- ‘Particularly look out for a CE mark.’
- ‘There are approximately 60 such organizations that conduct audits in accordance with the three medical device directives and authorize manufacturers to affix the CE mark to their devices.’
- ‘A CE mark is not a guarantee of quality or safety but it is a legal requirement for all toys sold in the European Union.’
- ‘If you do not see the CE mark or an EN standard mark, do not buy the toy.’
- ‘Globally speaking, the typical event progression for manufacturers wishing to sell a medical device is to first conduct clinical studies in Europe to obtain a CE mark.’
- ‘Special care needs to be taken when buying bicycles, skateboards and scooters, again checking the CE marks.’
- ‘Do they still require a CE mark?’
- ‘Since its entry into the EU, all medical devices sold in Poland need to bear the CE mark.’
- ‘How do I put the CE mark on a product?’
- ‘The CE mark is applied to the packaging, the product or the user documentation.’
- ‘Europe requires the CE mark, which is not too difficult to obtain, especially once you've received FDA clearance.’
- ‘All too often, fraudulent CE marks are slapped on products indiscriminately, reducing the system to a charade.’
- ‘They carry the CE mark, which means they comply with the essential requirements of the relevant European health, safety end environmental protection legislation.’
- ‘The European approval with the CE mark is for a relatively narrow peripheral vascular application.’
- ‘Instead, the data and final report are made available to the notified body as part of the technical file to support the CE mark.’
- ‘Products marketed in France need not only a CE mark but also demonstrable proof "that the product provides value and does something unique from products already on the market."’
- ‘Note that manufacturers must have a risk management system in place even if they do not need a notified body to help them apply the CE mark.’
- ‘This is usually satisfied by the use of a CE mark.’
- ‘Meeting the essential requirements is a major step toward receiving a CE mark for a device.’
- ‘Consumers should check labels or packaging for the name, trade mark and address of the manufacturer, the agent or importer within the EC and CE mark.’
1980s: CE from the initial letters of French Conformité Européenne ‘European Conformity’ or Communauté Européenne ‘European Community’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.