One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cosmetic product with a creamy formulation, typically lighter in texture than foundation, used to even out facial skin tone.‘apply CC cream to cleansed and moisturized skin’count noun ‘use a CC cream in hot summer months to give your skin a chance to breathe’
- ‘I told her about the CC cream I was wearing and she was blown away by how natural the coverage was.’
- ‘A real CC cream should actually be making your skin look better - not just covering it up.’
- ‘The next big thing is CC cream, says their cosmetics buyer.’
- ‘Industry sources estimate the new range of CC creams could generate $2 million in its first year at retail globally.’
- ‘I love the soft mousse-like, lightweight, and non-greasy texture of this CC cream.’
Early 21st century: short for colour control cream or colour correcting cream.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.