One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or pastime of exploring caves.
- ‘By now caving was the main thing in my life and I was getting ambitious.’
- ‘Chris and I knew we weren't up to more hard caving, and thought it would be fun to join an easier CRF trip the next day.’
- ‘Detailed are the gritty nuances of caving that the average tourist never experiences: the tightness of squeezes, digging for air flow, and pushing for passages.’
- ‘Hopefully, you have all had a summer full of adventure - in particular full of exciting caving.’
- ‘Unlike mountaineering, which it is often compared to, caving is very much a team effort.’
- ‘There was talk of caving but it soon gave way to a warm fire and pints and cold beans (for Tim).’
- ‘John is apprehensive because he has done little caving, and doesn't like tight crawls.’
- ‘Sam had told me that if I wasn't impressed by this then I should give up caving.’
- ‘That's not to say that caving isn't something for a beginner.’
- ‘It is the epitome of Dales Caving, and is sporting vertical caving at its very best.’
- ‘There they got the chance to try out crafts and creative arts, skating, quad bike riding, climbing walls, mock caving and a giant inflatable obstacle course.’
- ‘Thanks to Rich and Dave for a cracking re-introduction in to the world of caving.’
- ‘Some examples of the specialized equipment typically used in vertical caving are shown below.’
- ‘Bradford Council is looking at the possibility of reopening some enclosed tracks and allowing some limited caving.’
- ‘After a desperate week at work I was desperate to get to the Dales for some desperate caving.’
- ‘They said they packed in abseiling, caving and night orienteering into their two-day stay and hoped to raise money to go back there.’
- ‘Over the past 40 years Bewerley Park instructors have given hundreds of young people their first experience of caving.’
- ‘This area is quite naturally a magnet for rock-climbers and walkers, and other popular activities include mountain biking and caving.’
- ‘Older people who are keen to stay active are being offered the challenge of caving, gorge walking and canoeing all in the same week.’
- ‘As it is a long way away, the trip would probably involve some other caving as well as other outdoor pursuits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.