One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small colourless fish which lives only in limestone caves in North America. It has reduced or absent eyes, and the head and body are covered with papillae which are sensitive to vibration.
Family Amblyopsidae: four genera, in particular Amblyopsis and Typhlichthys
- ‘Southern cavefish are important members of their ecosystems and important research subjects for understanding evolution in extreme environments.’
- ‘Closed as a tourist attraction in 1943, Horse Cave has been successfully restored, even luring back the rare blind cavefish.’
- ‘Researchers work in the dark caves where the Ozark cavefish evolved with no eyes.’
- ‘When the Ozark cavefish was listed as endangered in 1984, over collection was listed as one of the primary threats.’
- ‘The Ozark cavefish and Ozark cave crayfish seem to be stable, although actual population sizes are unknown.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.