One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Small discs or short strips of pasta with opposite edges rolled towards each other to form a hollow shape.‘another wonderful dish was the cavatelli with chèvre and roasted peppers and onions’
- ‘I took refuge in a succession of satisfying pastas, including the baked cavatelli (a square of macaroni and cheese, laced with Sicilian tuna, in a béchamel sauce).’
- ‘The current menu includes cavatelli with walnut pesto and ricotta cheese.’
- ‘It's much more fun to attack the pasta - handmade cavatelli topped with a sweet- and hot-sausage ragu.’
- ‘Other standouts included the braised beef short ribs with handmade cavatelli, wild mushrooms and truffle mousse.’
- ‘I preferred the cavatelli rustici in garlic and oil, served simply with broccoli and a generous ration of sweet fennel-flavored sausage.’
- ‘There's also baked cavatelli, baked spaghetti, signature white mac 'n' cheese and sandwiches.’
- ‘Fred asks for a dish of cavatelli smothered in sausage and onions.’
- ‘Saturday is pasta day and right now that includes cavatelli and fettuccini with meat from Graziano's.’
- ‘A typical selection includes: Fried lobster with cavatelli pasta served in its shell with rocket, asparagus and shellfish oil.’
- ‘His grandfather has a hand in the food, quite literally, turning out the cavatelli each morning.’
Italian, plural of cavatello, from cavato past participle of cavare ‘hollow out’ + the diminutive suffix -ello.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.