One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Every ten farmsteads were supposed to provide for a fully equipped soldier, including a horse if he was a cavalryman or dragoon.’
- ‘In this novel, set immediately before World War I, a handsome young cavalryman (the narrator) is posted to a provincial Hungarian town.’
- ‘In a commander's conference in 1957, he noted that some believed the airmen to be as wedded to the airplane as the cavalrymen was to the horse.’
- ‘Along the route, military detachments, including cavalrymen from the Queen's Life Guards, will give royal salutes and there will be a guard of honour in Parliament Square.’
- ‘My Uncle George explained that the man in the photo was the old farmer's father, who had picked up the pistol from a dead Confederate cavalryman at the battle of Gettysburg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.