One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He reviewed the treatment accorded the single tax on land values in several texts and was criticized by one commentator for the causticity of his criticism of them.’
- ‘‘A Dirty Shame’ finds Waters basking in the wildness of such fun, but the film is also a retreat from his more sophisticated causticity.’
- ‘‘The saliva of termites has great causticity, although it is not strong enough to destroy concrete buildings,’ said Cheng Ruihua, a termite exterminator in Yangpu District for over 30 years.’
- ‘It explains at once causticity and non-causticity, transparency and opacity, colour and the absence of colours.’
- ‘One is tempted, with undue causticity perhaps, to ask - like Emperor Joseph II at the premiere of Mozart's ‘Abduction from the Seraglio ‘- whether her prose does not, in fact, have ‘too many notes.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.