One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for sodium hydroxide
- ‘One of the washing processes involves using sulphuric acid and caustic soda which can destroy car engines.’
- ‘Sodium hydroxide, NaOH, also known as lye and caustic soda, is one of the most important of all industrial chemicals.’
- ‘Scottish Water admitted allowing a discharge of sodium hydroxide - or caustic soda - from their water treatment works at Bonnycraig near Peebles into a local stream in June last year.’
- ‘Fire chiefs said it was ‘only by luck’ no-one was injured by the yellow substance, found to be a mix of caustic soda and hydrochloric acid.’
- ‘Chemical experts attended to supervise the pumping of the caustic soda into another tanker and officials from the Environment Agency also carried out inspections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.