Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for potassium hydroxide
- ‘Potassium phosphate, which represents 10 percent of the caustic potash market, will grow at 4.5 percent in the next several years.’
- ‘OxyChem is the world's largest producer of liquid caustic potash.’
- ‘Up to now, caustic potash at this quality level did not exist.’
- ‘In soap making, it was formerly customary to saponify the fat with caustic potash, and then to add common salt.’
- ‘When we neutralize hydrochloric acid with caustic potash solution then potassium chloride and water originate.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.