One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fact or facts that enable a person to bring an action against another.‘the plaintiff had a good cause of action in negligence’
- ‘Furthermore, the fact that a cause of action could be novel is not a bar to its proceeding to trial.’
- ‘Consequently the first question is whether the claimant has a personal cause of action against the defendant.’
- ‘The intended claimant has a good cause of action against the intended defendant in respect of each of the claims.’
- ‘The plaintiffs assert causes of action including negligent design, failure to warn, misrepresentation and breach of warranty.’
- ‘In addition, courts in other countries have begun to entertain private law causes of action as a means for seeking redress for human rights violations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.