One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fact or facts that enable a person to bring an action against another.‘the plaintiff had a good cause of action in negligence’
- ‘In addition, courts in other countries have begun to entertain private law causes of action as a means for seeking redress for human rights violations.’
- ‘Furthermore, the fact that a cause of action could be novel is not a bar to its proceeding to trial.’
- ‘The intended claimant has a good cause of action against the intended defendant in respect of each of the claims.’
- ‘Consequently the first question is whether the claimant has a personal cause of action against the defendant.’
- ‘The plaintiffs assert causes of action including negligent design, failure to warn, misrepresentation and breach of warranty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.