One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In terms of the way that one thing causes another; by way of cause and effect.‘the storm cannot be understood causally’‘the two traits are causally related’
- ‘Aggression is thereby linked causally to people who live "close to the land."’
- ‘To explain causally the death or erosion of an institution, he will have to explain how people manage, causally, to withdraw recognition.’
- ‘One of the driving principles of magical thinking is the notion that things that resemble each other are causally connected in some way that defies scientific testing.’
- ‘It looks to be inconsistent with a prevalent view about how the world is causally structured.’
- ‘Institutional reality is said to be causally efficacious.’
- ‘Let us ask whether the two deficits are related causally, rather than being a coincidence.’
- ‘They note that when we talk about physical things, we use language that locates or causally connects objects in space.’
- ‘Informants volunteered descriptions of dramatic change, or lack thereof, in which the lead surgeon's behavior was causally implicated.’
- ‘How harshly we judge those whose inadequate parenting, confidence, and life skills are causally linked to what may at last be a provable fact.’
- ‘Researchers tried to prove that brain capacity was causally related to intelligence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.