One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The upper of the two grey nuclei of the corpus striatum in the cerebrum of the brain.
- ‘The dark appearance of the caudate nucleus and putamen is attributable to their content of blood vessels and neuronal cell bodies.’
- ‘In this preparation the corpus callosum, caudate nucleus, and most brainstem structures have been removed.’
- ‘Immediately above the anterior perforated substance, the pear-shaped head of the caudate nucleus is confluent with the putamen of the lentiform nucleus.’
- ‘The more severe a patient's ADHD symptoms - as rated by parents and clinicians - the smaller were their frontal lobes, temporal gray matter, caudate nucleus and cerebellum.’
- ‘The internal capsule and corona radiata have been exposed by removal of the corpus callosum, caudate nucleus, and diencephalon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.