Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The upper of the two grey nuclei of the corpus striatum in the cerebrum of the brain.→ caudate
- ‘In this preparation the corpus callosum, caudate nucleus, and most brainstem structures have been removed.’
- ‘The internal capsule and corona radiata have been exposed by removal of the corpus callosum, caudate nucleus, and diencephalon.’
- ‘Immediately above the anterior perforated substance, the pear-shaped head of the caudate nucleus is confluent with the putamen of the lentiform nucleus.’
- ‘The dark appearance of the caudate nucleus and putamen is attributable to their content of blood vessels and neuronal cell bodies.’
- ‘The more severe a patient's ADHD symptoms - as rated by parents and clinicians - the smaller were their frontal lobes, temporal gray matter, caudate nucleus and cerebellum.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.