One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for tail fin
- ‘They have no eyelids, and all species have four fingers on each forelimb, five toes on each hind limb, and caudal fins.’
- ‘Another physical characteristic of the brook trout is an adipose fin and a caudal fin that is slightly forked.’
- ‘Three fins in particular are observed to work together in a coordinated way during swimming: the pectoral fin, the caudal fin and the dorsal fin.’
- ‘Around 2.5m in length at a maximum, it is often smaller and easily recognised by its broad head, two large dorsal fins and a caudal fin that represents around one quarter of the whole body length.’
- ‘They have distinct black markings on the ends of their fins, particularly the first dorsal and caudal fins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.