One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who tends or rears cattle.
- ‘By 1925, the Bureau of Indian Affairs had leased nearly all of the San Carlos Reservation to non-Indian cattlemen, who demonstrated no concern about overgrazing.’
- ‘At the next table a herd of cattlemen raved about the roast Woodville duck.’
- ‘‘It's about as dry as I ever saw it,’ says John Redman, a grain farmer and cattleman who belongs to MFA and trades at Wheeler's store and elevator.’
- ‘Aside from his publishing interests, Mr. von Rosen was also a cattleman and rancher in Oklahoma and Illinois.’
- ‘The young rancher who filed his complaint is the same cattleman who lost twelve cattle last March.’
- ‘In 1950, cattlemen on the border between the Northern Territory and Queensland claimed losing stock to a strange beast which left mutilated, half-eaten corpses in its destructive wake.’
- ‘During the World Cup soccer series, the cattlemen and stockmen in Queensland and the Northern Territory cheered throughout for South Korea to win!’
- ‘My father was a cattleman / sheepman and business owner.’
- ‘Cattle producers, he said, should have been thinking of themselves as beef producers first, not cattlemen.’
- ‘The cattlemen were eating slabs of mealie meal and oil in a cabbage relish, but really it was too hot for food, so we were just resting, letting our limbs hang loose in the humidity.’
- ‘So why are US cattlemen still paying the punishing price of having their $3 billion beef export market closed around the globe?’
- ‘The finding of an infected cow in Washington States has done little to alleviate Canadian cattlemen's worries or market woes’
- ‘That was how he had learned the finer points of cattle rearing from the Yadavas, the best cattlemen in Aryavarta.’
- ‘In my last ten years living in south Texas I have heard and seen lots of people calling themselves cowboys, cowmen and cattlemen etc., while peering out of the GMC truck windshield.’
- ‘His local Farm Credit Services office offered seminars on assistance programs available to cattlemen, and plans a future session for crop producers if more programs become available.’
- ‘Almost since that Act was passed, American farmers and cattlemen have been asking for it to be properly enforced.’
- ‘The conflict between a group of free grazing cattlemen and a wealthy, unscrupulous rancher lies at the center of Open Range.’
- ‘But consumer groups, allied with many U.S. ranchers and cattlemen, want the labeling to begin on schedule.’
- ‘In the 1880s, as cattle herds spread onto northern ranges, cowboys and cattlemen congregated in Cheyenne.’
- ‘These same cattlemen are raising a great cry which, so far, has made sure Canadian cattle stay on their own side of the 49th parallel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.