One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- New Zealand term for cattle grid
- ‘Garden ponds, cattle stops and drains can be death traps for hedgehogs, so cover any ponds or drains with mesh.’
- ‘In the 1850s the Orange and Alexandria railroad was built in the southern part, and two cattle stops were built beside the tracks on Bush Hill land.’
- ‘She stopped at green lights and negotiated roundabouts like cattle stops - wait till there's only a few cars and then go over it.’
- ‘We drove across a large embankment and then across a small bridge and then over a cattle stop and we were on Rangitoto.’
- ‘Councillors were less keen on sealing the approaches to cattle stops as they wish to review the placement and number of cattle stops allowed on district roads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.