One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small white heron which feeds around grazing cattle and game herds. Native to southern Eurasia and Africa, it colonized North and South America and Australasia in the 20th century.
- ‘In August, when I visit, cattle egrets nest in massive cypress tree canopies.’
- ‘I noticed a snow-white bird in the distance and thought it was a cattle egret at first.’
- ‘Scientists also predicted that species like the black kite, cattle egret and great reed warbler, not currently found in Britain, could migrate there if warmer summer temperatures continued.’
- ‘In the flooded fields there were some cattle egrets and small shorebirds.’
- ‘On the helicopter ride back to my base I passed over some fields I think may have been growing rice. I saw more cattle egrets and a not very satisfying view of a purple heron.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.