One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Concentrated food for cattle in a compressed flat form.
- ‘Even in the 1947 winter when they were severely starved, they would not touch the oats and cattle cake offered to them.’
- ‘We used to eat cattle cake sometimes if we were hungry - it looked and felt like hard toffee and was quite good!’
- ‘Most of the seed is made into linseed oil, largely used in connection with paints, and cattle cake.’
- ‘The Company's products include cooking oils, brand-name soaps and cattle cake (used in animal feed).’
- ‘It is not feasible to provide an exhaustive list of the ingredients of either cattle cake or bovine livestock feeds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.