One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boarding or breeding establishment for cats.
- ‘An appeal to pay for new kennels and a cattery at the RSPCA's state-of-the-art animal centre in Redcross Street, is starting to pull in cash.’
- ‘Mrs Spencer also hopes that they will be able to wander in a huge enclosure that is to be set out on the site of a former Dutch barn next to the cattery.’
- ‘An appeal was launched yesterday to raise £150,000 for a new cattery in Halifax dedicated to an RSPCA inspector who died in a shooting accident last year.’
- ‘If you are moving house, put your cat in a cattery during the move and then initially confine it to a small area of the house to make it feel secure.’
- ‘They want plans to include a cattery, wildlife hospital, kennels and visitors' centre.’
- ‘I was thinking that some day, when I start my cattery (like a cat kennel), I'll put an aquarium in there and write it off on my taxes as a business expense.’
- ‘Also, contact a local breeders club, and ask for a list of reputable kennels or catteries.’
- ‘And the cats both survived the stay in the cattery without too many ill effects.’
- ‘Julie, his partner who also works at the SSPCA said: ‘Sligo desperately needs its own cattery.’’
- ‘It is licensed for kittens older than 16 weeks; kittens, especially those in catteries and multicat households, have already been exposed to FIP by this age.’
- ‘There were a lot more stables, now there are only five, and there's a new cattery and a new set of kennels.’
- ‘We'll be sad to see them go into the cattery during our honeymoon but we know they'll be well looked after there.’
- ‘Many times I've watched in fascination as a doe approached the yard of the cattery and touched noses with a cat through the mesh in a charming cross-species greeting.’
- ‘In south Wales, for instance, it operates an imaginative scheme with a local cattery, whereby unwanted books are shredded for use as cat litter.’
- ‘The couple's budget is too small to realise their dream of expanding the haven to include new kennels, a cattery, an education centre and a hospital but they keep hoping for a windfall.’
- ‘In dire emergency of course, she could stay in a boarding cattery for a few days but in our judgement she'd not take kindly to that, wouldn't eat, and would be severely upset by the time we collected her.’
- ‘After being made redundant, Daphne decided to act upon her dream to create a boarding kennels and cattery at her home.’
- ‘A heartbroken family were reunited with their beloved moggie when it returned from a nine-week stint in the wilderness after escaping from a York cattery.’
- ‘Elaine and John Culf are celebrating after their boarding cattery was judged one of the top three in the country.’
- ‘Then after their first vaccination at seven to eight weeks they live inside the house and mum goes back down to the main cattery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.