One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Luminescence excited by the impact of an electron beam.
- ‘Zircons separated from the rock samples were mounted in epoxy resin, sectioned, imaged by cathodoluminescence, and dated using the SHRIMP-II ion microprobe at the Isotope Science Research Centre, Curtin University, Perth.’
- ‘Specimens were observed using transmitted light, polarized light, reflected light under oil, and cathodoluminescence.’
- ‘Mineralization was studied in core using cathodoluminescence, transmitted and reflected light microscopy and fluid inclusion microthermometry.’
- ‘Internal textures were imaged using backscattered electrons and cathodoluminescence.’
- ‘A selection of carbonate and sulphide samples were analysed to determine their composition, and also to correlate any changes in composition with colour zonation identified in transmitted light or under cathodoluminescence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.