One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is unambiguously explicit and direct.‘the rules state categorically, 'No Violence'’
- ‘The theorists concede to merely pointing at something which they cannot categorically argue even exists.’
- ‘The judge would be entitled to dismiss the second application unless it could be categorically demonstrated that the new material was conclusive of the case.’
- ‘We have a clear declaration from 15 member states stating categorically that our position on military neutrality is understood, accepted, and acknowledged.’
- ‘I have seen enough data to know that nobody can categorically say these structures are safe.’
- ‘Farming organizations are categorically opposed to any such suggestion.’
- ‘The writer categorically states that selfishness has no place in marriage.’
- ‘A critic is not supposed to discuss new poetry without overtly praising or categorically condemning it.’
- ‘His assertion that "markets are always by their nature driving towards equilibrium" is categorically false.’
- ‘I categorically deny any involvement in any fraud.’
- ‘Indeed, a strong case could be made that interest rates are categorically destabilizing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.