One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An advertising slogan.‘there was an advert for tea that had the catchline: 'Tea. Best Drink of the Day'’
catchphrase, catchword, jingle, saying, formula, legendView synonyms
- ‘‘Gold so different that you can wear it differently,’ as the new catchline goes.’
- ‘Or so the festival promises with its catchline - ‘A bag full of fun’.’
- ‘A glance at the title of her past films and the catchline of her latest venture is enough to know how important food is for her.’
- ‘The catchline for the new programme is 'surprising stories from familiar places' and camera crews are currently out filming on location for the series.’
- ‘So, as the festival's catchline goes - ‘Come and explore and get lost in this magical, innovative and creative world of books.’’
- 1.1Printing A short, eye-catching line of type, such as a running head.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.