Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1[mass noun] A North American variety of grape.
- ‘A pink grape used in the production of a blush and rosé wines, Catawaba produces a medium-bodied sweet, fragrant, strawberry-like wine.’
- ‘Catawba, a centuries old grape variety, bursts with a bold grape taste and pink color making it an award winning grape.’
- ‘He planted a small vineyard of the Catawba's and began producing fresh grape juice.’
- ‘It has higher sugars and lower acids than Catawba.’
- ‘The Catawba is widely grown and made into wine down in New York State.’
- 1.1A white wine made from the Catawba grape.
- ‘I was sipping a local Catawba wine the other day.’
- ‘About Catawba wine, my advice is to pass.’
Named after the River Catawba in North and South Carolina.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.