One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for bigeye (sense 2)
- ‘Species are snapper, grouper, cobia, sail, bream, king, dolphin (dorado or Mahi Mahi), leatherjacket (leather jacket), jack travally, giant travally, hawaiian bigeye (catalufa), trigger, gar, and needle fish.’
- ‘The fish identification card includes the Garibaldi, California's State Fish, yellowtail, bat rays, the extremely depleted bocaccio, the elusive popeye catalufa, & many more.’
- ‘Some members of the family are also known as catalufas.’
- ‘A torch shone down the walls will reveal bright red alfonsitos and the larger red and white catalufas, which have large eyes that glow in torchlight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.