One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An X-ray image made using a form of tomography in which a computer controls the motion of the X-ray source and detectors, processes the data, and produces the image.Also called CT scan
- ‘Specialized X-rays called CAT scans of the top of a fossil thigh bone show clear evidence that the creature walked upright, like pre-humans, and not like apes, the researchers said.’
- ‘A recent CAT scan demonstrated that Dice's surgically repaired left knee is 90 percent healed.’
- ‘I was strapped to a gurney by the paramedics and rushed to emergency for x-rays and a CAT scan.’
- ‘We'll need to run a CAT scan to see exactly what is on your brain, and also some other quick painless tests.’
- ‘There have been significant new diagnostic tools, such as X-ray imagery, CAT scans, mammography, and sonograms, to mention only a few.’
1970s: CAT is an abbreviation of computerized axial tomography.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.