Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An X-ray image made using computerized axial tomography.
- ‘A recent CAT scan demonstrated that Dice's surgically repaired left knee is 90 percent healed.’
- ‘We'll need to run a CAT scan to see exactly what is on your brain, and also some other quick painless tests.’
- ‘Specialized X-rays called CAT scans of the top of a fossil thigh bone show clear evidence that the creature walked upright, like pre-humans, and not like apes, the researchers said.’
- ‘There have been significant new diagnostic tools, such as X-ray imagery, CAT scans, mammography, and sonograms, to mention only a few.’
- ‘I was strapped to a gurney by the paramedics and rushed to emergency for x-rays and a CAT scan.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.