One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ladder used for working on a sloping roof, with a hook at one end and pads to spread the load.
- ‘That part was not so bad; the worse part was climbing the cat ladder on the inside of the tower.’
- ‘I've seen the French roofers doing the same thing, using the guttering to support the cat ladder on the roof.’
- ‘They specialise in the manufacture and installation of fire escapes, access stairs, cat ladders and spiral stairs.’
- ‘Don't stand on roof tiles unless absolutely necessary; use the cat ladder or a creeper board for access to a chimney.’
- ‘The cat ladder is excellent for promoting co-ordination with its individual rungs for each hand and foot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.