One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fellow member of the cast of a play, film, or television programme.‘the actor and his castmates have already done read-throughs and are due to start shooting in January’
- ‘She stared at her castmate for several seconds, stunned.’
- ‘They had fond memories of working with Hitchcock and both spoke warmly of their castmate Robert Walker, who died shortly after the film's release in 1951.’
- ‘He was trying hard not to look like a guy who was having an affair with a castmate.’
- ‘Her former castmate and boyfriend was rushing to the stricken star's side.’
- ‘A few feet away, her friend and castmate was applying makeup, and outside their door, a couple of boys were sacked out on a couch, studying notes in binders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.