One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Hindu who belongs to one of the four main castes.
- ‘On the other hand, exposure of caste Hindus to these very richas will change their mindset that practising untouchability and casteism is really a sin against dharma.’
- ‘When for instance, a caste Hindu converts to Christianity, what do they have to give up?’
- ‘Strong in the theatre elements, it gives you a graphic picture of the atrocities perpetrated on this section of society by the caste Hindus.’
- ‘A Dalit party demanded a ban also on yagnas conducted by caste Hindus at the mainstream temples constructed and run under agama rules.’
- ‘So, too, for many Muslims, who, despite their religious strictures against untouchability, consider Dalits as ‘low’ and practise varying degrees of untouchability towards them in emulation of caste Hindu attitudes.’
- ‘He pointed out that many Dalits have a culture of their own, and slightly different deities from those of the caste Hindus.’
- ‘Half of them, the caste Hindus feel, will not win and many Brahmins who could have won were denied tickets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.