One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit in hi-fi equipment for playing and recording audio cassettes.
- ‘He was brought up in Chippenham and at the age of nine he became interested in music when his mother bought him his first radio cassette deck.’
- ‘It has great speakers, but a bad cassette deck I've not yet replaced with a CD player (there are a lot of things I could do with a few hundred dollars before I bother doing that).’
- ‘I ran over to the stereo and pulled the tape out of the cassette deck.’
- ‘The next morning, I put the tape in the cassette deck.’
- ‘Moving forward I came to a cramped compartment of bunks where a set of radio equipment and a cassette deck lay on the floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.