One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit in hi-fi equipment for playing and recording audio cassettes.
- ‘Moving forward I came to a cramped compartment of bunks where a set of radio equipment and a cassette deck lay on the floor.’
- ‘It has great speakers, but a bad cassette deck I've not yet replaced with a CD player (there are a lot of things I could do with a few hundred dollars before I bother doing that).’
- ‘The next morning, I put the tape in the cassette deck.’
- ‘I ran over to the stereo and pulled the tape out of the cassette deck.’
- ‘He was brought up in Chippenham and at the age of nine he became interested in music when his mother bought him his first radio cassette deck.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.